EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
Business Development Manager - Defense
The Business Development Manager will focus on growing new business for the Defense market(s) within EaglePichers areas of strategic focus. The business activity will center on customer relationships, technical capabilities, competitive strengths and advantages, and developing long term, sustainable strategic customer relationships essential to winning new opportunities. Strong emphasis on understanding present and future customer/market needs while working within a matrixed organization to identify opportunities and positioning strategies for EaglePicher to achieve those needs. Execute short and long-range sales activities to ensure steady growth to meet companys sales, profit goals, and objectives.
- Work with VP/GM, Engineering, Program Management, and Contracts organizations to develop and implement growth plan(s) within targeted markets
- Lead the formation and execution of select market strategies based on data, trends, and knowledge of customers, products, and competitors
- Define opportunities and execute tactics to tailor technologies and products to new and existing customers
- Utilize Business Capture best practices and tools, with direct customer engagements and proposals to develop opportunities
- Assist in developing and expanding Marketing Communications and branding strategies.
- Lead and participate in Proposals, Bids, and Marketing communications with new customers and to select market industries.
- Prepare periodic sales reports (sales volume, potential sales, proposed client base expansion, etc.) working with CRM and other reporting tools.
- Develop, execute, and lead our sales strategy, product/technical roadmaps, and objectives to secure strategic long term customer relationships for our Defense business.
- US. Citizen or Permanent Resident Status
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college/university (technical degree highly preferred: electrical, chemical, systems engineering or related discipline); MBA desired
- Minimum of 5 years proven technical, business development, sales experience in Defense applications/markets
- Existing network of customer contacts within the Defense industry preferred
- Proven track record of leading customer programs, profitable sales growth, successful customer account management including new business development opportunities across a wide range of customers and end use applications
- Position requires regular travel to customer locations but does not require relocation.
- Effectively present information and respond promptly (peers, managers, clients, customer needs).
- Excellent problem-solving skills: demonstrated ability to address expeditiously and pragmatically
- Autonomous and self-motivated: action-oriented with demonstrated success in achieving established goals such as new business development for both new and existing accounts
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a complex customer base and adaptive/perceptive to continuous changes in fast pace environment
- High level of technical acumen, organizational and analytical skills; ability to understand and effectively communication matters of battery technology, applications, and performance criteria
- Critical Thinking: Ability to identify specific customer challenges and needs with the technical acumen, creativity, and adaptive approach to work thru them, both technically and in a business relationship
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) as well as CRM Systems (Salesforce preferred)
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative interactions and influence all organizational levels.
- Possess, model and support highest standards of honesty, integrity, teamwork and accountability
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, and commercial. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, silver aluminum, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, reserve lithium oxyhalide, and lead acid. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and our defense and aerospace facilities are ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified and our medical business unit it ISO 13485 certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.