EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
The Shipping Specialist is responsible for ensuring regulatory agency compliance for product shipments from any EPT location, as requested, including transfer of material between facilities as it relates to proper handling, labeling, packaging, classifications, and accurate shipping documents. This function will have direct interface with contracts, export control, accounting, program managers, engineering, shipping personnel, SCM, security, customers, government agents, regulatory agencies, carriers and freight forwarders on a routine basis.
Your core responsibilities include:
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation as objective evidence to support internal and external audits.
- Continuous training as required by law with regulatory compliance agencies: (DOT) Department of Transportation, (FAA) Federal Aviation Administration, (IATA) International Air and Transportation Association, (IMDG) International Maritime Dangerous Goods, (OSHA) Occupational Safety and Health Administration, (ATF) Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, as well as others
- that pertain to hazardous material handling and transportation of ETP goods
- Scheduling deliveries with carriers at site
- Interface with freight forwarders on all import/export shipments
- Maintain records of imports and exports
- Ensure proper labeling and placards with all shipments
- Generate shipping documents for all exports
- Competent Authority (Process of applying with the DOT on new explosives/products)
- Prepare and pack orders for shipments
- Perform any other tasks as required.
- Must have or be capable of obtaining certification in Hazardous Material and Dangerous Goods Transportation (49CFR, IATA, IMDG)
- Must be proficient in MS Office
- Must be highly detail oriented
- Experience with government contracts
- Experience and knowledge of export license and DOD DD250 Documents a plus
- Understanding of import/export compliance requirements preferred
- Training in 22CFR as it pertains to ITAR
- Knowledge of eTools and WAWF (Wide Area Work Flow) a plus
- Understanding of BIS (Bureau of Industry and Security - commercial side of export compliance)
- Must have High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must have the ability to lift at least 50 pounds
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.