EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
Sr. Quality Engineer
East Greenwich, RI
We are seeking a TEMPORARY placement of a highly organized and effective candidate for the role of Sr. Quality Engineer for our Defense Products Business Unit with the primary responsibility of ensuring program compliance to our customers contractual and regulatory requirements as well as ensuring compliance with our internal quality management system.
THIS IS A TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT, ANTICIPATED TO LAST APPROXIMATELY 3-4 MONTHS.
Core responsibilites consist of:
- Management of program quality requirements to ensure successful and timely completion of the organizations plans, projects, and customer commitments
- Develop strong working relationships within the organization, suppliers and customers
- Establish and oversee effective quality systems throughout the entire product life cycle
- Functional knowledge of AS9100:D and ISO 9001:2015 quality management system requirements
- Audit compliance to quality system and customer program requirements while driving expeditious and effective resolution of any nonconformances
- Management of the collection, evaluation, and reporting of identified company KPIs
- Drive timely resolution of issues, either internal or external, by utilizing effective and proven problem solving techniques
To succeed in this position, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident
- Bachelors in Engineering, Industrial Management or related discipline; or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in quality assurance, with experience in quality management within a manufacturing company
- Preferred quality experience within a Defense or Aerospace manufacturing environment
- Have an excellent record of attendance and reliability
- Must be detail oriented and able to multitask
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to effectively delegate and utilize available resources for timely resolution of tasks
- Have experience with Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Professional certification considered a plus (ASQ, CQE, CQM)
- Must possess demonstrated ability to implement change and be results focused
- Be skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) required
- Be a strong team player, with the ability to effectively interact with other functional groups
- Occasional / infrequent travel may required
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.